Herpes Treatment Choices
- Percentage of adults that have herpes simplex: 1 in 4
- Estimated number of new cases of herpes a year: 1 million
- Percentage of infected persons who don't know they have it: Over
50% of those infected don't realize it because they don't have the classic
outbreak pattern, and often dismiss it as an annoying itch or rash.
- More woman have herpes than men.
- Herpes that infects the tissue of the cervix is suspected to have a
role in cervical cancer. This is an important reason to have yearly
- Women that have herpes on their cervix may not feel it when they have
an outbreak. This is another reason for today's high rate of
- Herpes Simplex I is the herpes that you typically get on your
- Herpes Simplex II is the herpes that is typically know as genital
- You can get Herpes Simplex I (HSV I) on genitals, or you can get Herpes
Simplex II (HSV II) in you mouth and throat. This occurs through oral
- Incidence of herpes by age group: 5-10% or teenagers, 15-20 % of those
in their 20's, and 25-30% of those 30 years of age or older.
- Incidence of herpes has risen 30 percent since 1970's
- Viral shedding can transmit herpes to a baby during birth. This
can cause blindness and other serious health problems for the newborn baby.
It is very important to tell you physician if you know or think you may have
- Viral shedding means that virus is being transmitted despite no obvious
signs of infection.
- You never get rid of herpes from your body once you catch it. You only
control infection once they reactivate. This can be accomplished with
medications, stress control, and sometimes diet. Some nutritional
products have been shown to help reduce herpes outbreaks.
Facts about herpes
Treatments for herpes
Books/Audio to learn about genital herpes and oral herpes
Products to help herpes sufferers
Herpes support groups
Links about HSV
Message Boards Herpes
Content copyrightŠ 2002, Another site by
The Diamond Matrix Group